Sunday, December 28, 2008

BANGALORE BLEEDS....!

Its sad to see the state of my city today...MY BANGALORE,the garden city...
Every day I travel across the city to get to college ,with each passing day my city calls out for help...Almost every road has been dug...and thats the reason for the pain...
I'm not complaing about the traffic problems the city faces,that can be phased out gradually...Its become sort of an urban chos..IF the same continues my little garden city.. will soon have to be hospatilized! such is the state of affairs ..
Metro work has begun in full swing ...Under the name of which legalised mistakes are being commited.. trees are being cut down everywhere...
Digging roads ,felling trees and what not...can't we just think of a more systematic approach to solving our cities infrastructure problems,something more eco friendly.. The answer is NO ,WE dont even want to give it a try.. what a pity...
Meanwhile MY city bleeds from the cracks and vents created..OH YEAH ...its the MECCA of software ..and the techies haven any time to do something for the city.. the MAX they can do is start CAR POOLING to get to work..nothing more and nothing less... even me I don do much for my city all though I complain...I don even car pool COZ u see even if we citizens do care ... the concerned won't bother they'll continue with lame excuses... lucky are those who have left the city...they can atleast stay away..from inhalin' dust and smoke ,they can stay away from waiting for a bmtc bus...under the scorching heat of the sun... coz the tree that used to give shade.. a tree grown tall for almost seven decades has been chopped off in seven minutes...
A CITY BLEEDS ... A CITY CALLS FOR HELP!...TAKE A LOOK AROUND NH4 -PENNYA-JALAHALLI CROSS or even RACE COURSE ROAD-GOLF COURSE-MAHATMA GANDHI ROAD.... U"LL really feel what's missing today...

1 comment: